Sunday, December 20, 2009

Presentation Sensation

For our English class, we had to further our topics by making a persuasive presentation that, well, persuades our audience to take action about our topic.

I had a lot of fun making mine. I did a satire of a newscast, because my intended audience is the general public, specifically those who have children or spend time with children. I chose satire because even though it was supposed to be the general public, I wanted my classmates to be able to enjoy it, which I don't think they would have if it were just a straightforward newscast.

Even more fun than making my project was getting to see the projects of everyone else in my class. Brett talks about how smart we are, which is fine, but to actually see it is really cool. It was really cool to see what exactly interests people in the class and the things that they want to change about the world.

That's the thing about the persuasion assignment, is that you're trying to change something in the world, which is a pretty big task. It's really cool to see what people would change if they could. A lot of people chose topics that they are actually taking part in already, which was really cool to see.

All in all, the persuasion assignment was my favorite for this term in our English class. When pathos gets involved, it's interesting to see what is important to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment