Sunday, December 20, 2009

A look back on English 225

So, this, my second to last post, I shall devote to taking a look back at the semester of English 225.

Likes:
-Surprisingly, I liked working with one topic for the entire semester
-I loved my peer editing group, who put up with my ridiculousness all semester
-I liked our instructor, who really wanted us to care about the subject matter

Things I would have changed:
-I wished I had understood more about the whole scope of the project before choosing a topic. If I'd maybe seen a syllabus that outlined specifically what the steps from Inquiry-Convincing-Persuade and how the topic changes along the way, it would have been easier
-At the beginning we tried to learn about the subject of Identity at the exact same time as we learned about the format of argumentative writing. I got confused and felt overwhelmed, I think it would have been better to do them separately.

It was a really interesting class to say the least, and it was my last non-theatre class at the University of Michigan, so that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment