Sunday, November 15, 2009

Crappy Movies: My Legacy

If I have one legacy, it’s that most of the people in my life will think of me when they see any crappy movie for the rest of their lives. I have one of the best/worst tastes in movies, no movie is too ridiculous or stupid for me.

Lots of people go to the movies to learn something, or at least feel like they look smarter to the people who saw them leaving the theater. There are tons of dramatic, thoughtful films, (that no one understood) that find themselves on thousands of people’s favorite movie lists, because they want people to think that they like these types of movies.

That’s not me.

Give me a crappy movie that makes me laugh and I’m content. If I want to be inspired, I’d rather find that inspiration from the real world. Movies, for me, are a place to escape.

These are the top characteristics I look for in a movie:

-Teenage Angst (always amazing)

-Some sort of supernatural element. (Obvi)

-Love Story

-Any type of gender-bending

-Melodrama (my personal favorite)

-B-List Horror movies

I like movies that make fun of them selves, in a smart way. I like movies with crappy special effects. I like movies with underdeveloped plots. Let’s put it this way, I went and saw “Bratz: 4Real” in the movie theater.

You may be asking yourself what all of this has to do with my English class.

The answer is that it doesn’t really have anything to do, I just felt like sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment